The felt-tip pen is intended for drawing inscriptions on any surfaces, therefore spots from it are considered to be one of the most difficult to remove. There are only a few means by which you can safely wash a permanent marker from the skin.
What is a permanent marker
It looks like an ordinary felt-tip pen, but the ink is resistant to sunlight, moisture, and sudden changes in temperature. There are two varieties: water-based and alcohol-based. The paper core is impregnated with water-based or benzene-based mineral dyes.Removing ink without solvents is almost impossible.
Skin Marker Removal Chemicals
These products are dangerous to handle. They can not be chosen for children, allergy sufferers, owners of delicate skin. The list of effective chemicals include:
- medical alcohol;
To get rid of the trace of a permanent marker, it is necessary to thoroughly soak a clean cotton swab with isopropyl alcohol and hold it on the surface with a slight pressure. The trace from a permanent marker will begin to fade gradually, and then completely disappear. Benefits of using alcohol:
- low price;
- excellent result;
- the ability to apply even on the skin of children.
If you have to work with sensitive or delicate skin, you should refrain from strong mechanical pressure, and after applying alcohol, wash the cover with warm water and soap, apply a nourishing cream on it. Redness will disappear after a few hours. In this way, you can print a trace of any age.Instead of alcohol, you can use hygiene products based on it.
To remove traces of a permanent marker, only an alcohol-based abrasive product is suitable. The cleaning technology is very simple:
- well squeeze the product into the painted area;
- rub the disinfector in circular motions, leave for 30 seconds;
- wash off the residues with warm water and repeat the manipulations until the trace disappears completely.
Disinfectants are available, rarely cause a reaction, can be used even on delicate baby skin. The disadvantages include only individual intolerance to the components. This problem can be solved by purchasing a disinfector without additives, fragrances, fragrances.
Perform the cleaning procedure according to the following algorithm:
- dilute the bleach with warm water in a ratio of 1: 1 (for these purposes, it is better to use disposable dishes or containers that are not used for food intake - the active substances eat up into the surface and cannot be washed);
- dip a cotton swab into the liquid, squeeze out excess moisture;
- with a slight pressure, wipe the painted surface until the trace from the marker disappears;
- wash skin with soap and water, spread with moisturizer to prevent overdrying.
This tool is highly effective, and the price is affordable.Like alcohol, bleach is not good for children under 10 years old and allergic people.
In controversial cases, it is important to dilute the bleach correctly without exceeding its concentration. The smell of the product will also be unpleasant, so you need to clean it in the fresh air or in a well-ventilated area.
A cotton pad (a cloth, sponge, cotton wool is suitable) must be soaked with liquid and a previously moistened area should be wiped until the mark from the marker disappears. Manipulations should be performed in a well-ventilated area. The advantage of such a tool is obvious - the high speed of deleting the picture. The disadvantages are a few more:
- redness almost always remains on the skin;
- there is a chance of getting a burn;
- the epidermis becomes dry and may crack;
- to use a solvent for children's skin is strictly not recommended.
Unlike chemicals, cosmetic products have a more gentle effect on the skin. Effective fighters with permanent inscriptions include:
- hair fixation spray;
- wet antiseptic wipes;
- greasy creams and lotions;
- nail polish remover;
- toothpaste (whitening is better).
Wet Antiseptic Wipes
The tool is one of the gentle, after the use of which there is no redness or irritation. To have an effect, it is advisable to choose napkins that contain alcohol. You need to rub the painted place, the color will gradually go away.This method has no drawbacks.
Hair fixation spray
In a well-ventilated area and away from sources of fire, spray a small amount of varnish onto a painted surface or cotton pad. The following should be done:
- Rub the varnish over the surface in circular motions, leave for 15-30 seconds (you need to make sure that it does not dry out, but only slightly absorbed).
- Use a cotton pad to remove any remaining product, wipe the surface with warm water. If necessary, carry out the procedure again.
Creams and lotions
Any alcohol-based cosmetic product (lotion, tonic, oily cream) dissolves the permanent composition. The alcohol content in it is minimal, so it takes a long time to wipe off the stain. It is necessary to apply the emulsion to the surface of the skin and rub it monotonously in a circular motion until the color leaves.The most effective (albeit alcohol-free) product from the cosmetics industry is milk for makeup remover.
Nail polish remover
You need to act as in the case of medical alcohol: apply a little product, which contains acetone, on a cotton pad, rub it on the surface and rinse with warm water. The nail polish remover has a pungent odor, so you need to manipulate it in a well-ventilated area.Unlike alcohol, acetone, which is part of the liquid, is a strong allergen.
By applying a paste to the skin surface, rubbing it and repeating this procedure several times, you can achieve complete disposal of traces of the marker. The paste will slowly break down the composition, not discoloring, but removing it. After completion of work, the skin needs to be replaced for several minutes under running warm water. Of the advantages - accessibility, because there is paste in every home. The disadvantages are also obvious:
- the paste is aggressive and can cause severe irritation;
- if an infant is affected by a permanent marker, this product is strictly forbidden to cleanse its skin;
- It takes at least an hour of active exposure to completely get rid of the trace.
When there are no chemicals or cosmetics at hand, you can use those products that are often in the house. These include:
- banana peel;
Folk remedies gently affect the skin, do not cause burns or irritation. Safe for use on delicate baby and sensitive skin, face.It will take longer to remove the stain compared to using chemical and cosmetic products.
By methodically wiping the skin with the inside of a banana peel for 2-3 minutes, you can discolor the paint. After this period of time, the skin should be washed with warm water, and after several minutes, repeat the manipulations again. This must be done until the color has completely disappeared. You can squeeze a little lemon juice onto the skin, apply a skin (wet compress) for a minute and start rubbing the painted surface again.
Salt scrub does not help to remove paint the first time without residue. It only exfoliates the upper layer of the skin, as a result of which the paint gradually fades. You just need to combine a tablespoon of salt with warm water (soda, chalk composition can be added), grind to a state of gruel and gently rub into the skin. In case of irritation, it is advisable to stop manipulation.There are no drawbacks to this method.
Oil marker removal
The method is considered one of the safest, suitable for use even on delicate baby skin. There are no flaws. By rubbing the oil evenly with a cotton pad, you can get rid of the stain in a matter of minutes. To wipe a felt-tip pen from the skin, these types of oils are suitable:
- coconut (warms up before use);
How to wash a felt-tip pen from a child’s skin
To wash the marker from the skin of a child, you can use the following tools:
- Vaseline. Gently rubbing it in place of the picture, you can quickly and painlessly remove traces of the marker. Due to its oily structure, petroleum jelly also moisturizes tender baby skin. This tool has received positive reviews from moms. If a fingernail is drawn, the color in contact with the oily structure will go away instantly.
- Sunscreen. The alcohol perfume included in the composition allows you to gradually cleanse the pollution, without overdrying and without irritating the skin. Rub it in for several minutes. After washing the surface with water and repeat all the manipulations. Parents must read the instructions before use.
- Soap. Gently rubbing with a bar (laundry soap is suitable) the contaminated place and washing everything off with hot water, you can gradually remove the indelible marker. Such a rinse can slightly dry the skin, but the problem is easily corrected with a baby cream. It is important to try to act immediately, while the coloring composition of the marker has not yet had time to eat. If the choice fell on liquid soap, it is advisable to arm yourself with a washcloth - so you can wipe the felt-tip pen faster.
- Fat baby cream. Spreading it abundantly on the painted surface, you will have to wait 2-3 minutes, let it soak, and then wipe it off with a cotton pad. After the treated area should be washed with warm water and wipe dry with a towel. Such a marker removal tool, like all of the above, is also suitable for adults.