The modern rhythm of life takes all your free time - work, home, life and relaxation. By the end of the day, there is no energy left for sports. Everyone wants to keep fit and look attractive. The vibro-platform for weight loss is a special simulator that allows you to perform exercises several times more efficiently, due to the fact that physical activity performed on a vibrating surface causes the muscles to contract up to 40 times per second. This simulator quickly gained popularity, so more and more often it can be found in fitness centers.
How is the vibration platform
The design of the vibration platform is precisely described in its name - it is a small “platform” that vibrates with a frequency of up to 60 Hz, the amplitude of the vibrations can reach up to 10 mm. There are two categories of simulator on the market:
- Power Plate - a company that leads the market, produces truly comfortable vibrating platforms for weight loss. These devices are used by celebrity fitness trainers and professional athletes. It is characterized by large weight, large dimensions, the presence of additional expanders for training all muscle groups, several vibration modes, the presence of handrails and hand racks, a computer. This type of platform has more programs and functions for classes. Such a vibro platform simulator takes up a lot of space, is expensive, so it is used by professional gyms.
- US Medica VibroPlate and Chinese copies are vibrating step platforms for homework. They are characterized by simplicity of functionality, lower cost. Due to their small size, they are easy to hide in a closet or under the bed.
According to the manufacturers, the vibration platform for weight loss and a ten-minute lesson with a simulator in combination with elementary exercises, according to the number of calories consumed, corresponds to one hour of anaerobic exercises. During classes on a vibration simulator, muscle fibers are injured, similar to weight training. The body needs to eliminate these microdamages, energy consumption increases, so extra pounds go.
How does the vibration platform affect the body
When practicing using a vibration platform, the simulator vibrations are transmitted to the whole body, while vibration waves positively affect different parts of the body:
- Due to the incoming vibrations, muscle fibers begin to work fruitfully, contracting several times per second, which gives the same result as strength exercises. As a result, a large number of kilocalories are burned.
- The joints become more elastic and flexible, as the structure of the cartilage is improved due to the received vibrations.
- Classes with the help of a vibration platform improve blood circulation, because during training, the walls of the vessels expand, the tissues receive more oxygen. Another plus - there is no ultimate load on the cardiovascular system.
- The active production of hormones of happiness - endorphin and serotonin, has a positive effect on the psychoemotional state of a person.
Is it possible to lose weight on a vibration platform
The original vibrating platform for weight loss helps to get rid of extra pounds, even in problem areas, for a minimum period, due to the acceleration of metabolism. Due to the activation of muscles, tissues are saturated with oxygen, the skin is leveled, its color and texture improves. According to the manufacturers, 10-15 minutes of training with the simulator replace:
- two hours of tennis;
- two hours of intense running;
- one hour of anaerobic training in the gym;
- one hour of abs exercises.
Exercises on the vibrating platform are performed in a complex manner - squats, lunges, push-ups, inclines, lifts. It is worth considering that it will not be easy for a beginner to deal with the platform, for the following reasons:
- Instability of the vibration platform, as due to fluctuations, it will be difficult to concentrate on exercises, monitor balance and sensations.
- To perform lunges, you need to be able to balance, that is, stabilize the body. If this is not done, then there is a risk of injury. If one leg is incorrectly placed on the vibration platform, then the knee joint is more likely to move sideways, and this must be avoided.
- When doing push-ups, you can get damaged if you do not know how to stabilize the shoulder joints.
A group of scientists from a medical university conducted a small informal study. The subjects were divided into three conditional groups:
- Participants in the first group performed simple leg swings three times a week and several single-joint exercises, such as raising hands, for 30 minutes.
- People from the second group, according to a similar system, performed several more complex exercises.
- The participants of the third group had a vibration platform with which they were engaged, but under the supervision of a trainer, for 30 minutes.
As a result, scientists came to the conclusion that all participants in the study were able to improve physical performance, overall health and get rid of a small amount of subcutaneous fat. The third group, which used a vibration platform to perform the exercises, showed better results when compared with home workouts.
Before you start training with a vibration platform, you should learn about safety precautions:
- Initially, the duration of the lesson should not exceed 10-15 minutes, gradually this time can be increased.
- Before performing the exercise using the platform, it is recommended to try it on the floor, following all instructions.
- For classes, it is better to wear light athletic shoes with thin soles or tight socks - this will prevent the appearance of corns.
- It is important to choose the correct position of being on the platform - you need to stand so that the amplitude of oscillations is minimal.
- Before class, it is recommended to warm up and stretch, warm up.
- For the platform, you need to choose the right place so that nothing interferes with the exercises.
- Before using the simulator, it is recommended to consult a doctor, as the platform has a number of contraindications.
Exercises for weight loss on a vibroplatform
Exercises on a vibration platform for weight loss, which can be performed:
- It is necessary to stand flat on the platform, bend your knees a little, and put your hands on the handrails. In this position, the muscles of the lower back, buttocks and legs are worked out.
- Sit on the platform with your back to the bar. Fold your legs in the Turkish position and rest your hands on the handrails. In this position, shoulders, abs and legs will work.
- In a sitting position, but turn sideways to the rack, straighten your legs, hands on the handrail. The press and legs work.
- In this exercise, you need to stand on your toes, bend your knees slightly, relax the abs. This is how the legs and back work.
- Perform the following steps in turn: put one foot on the platform, and the other on the floor, hands on the handrails. Side and central press, legs work.
- You need to put your feet shoulder width apart and perform slow squats while raising your arms up.
- Shifts from heel to toe work well, feet are worked out.
- You need to lie down on your vibration platform with your stomach, while bending your legs at the knees. Hands should be free.
Contraindications for training on a vibration platform
A set of classes with a vibration platform can not be performed by everyone. Engaging in a vibratory simulator is strictly prohibited:
- With surgery, until the sutures have healed.
- Pregnancy and the postpartum period, lactation - miscarriage can occur due to fluctuations. After childbirth, you need to abstain from classes for at least three months.
- Bypass surgery.
- Epilepsy - classes can trigger an attack.
- The presence of artificial organs in the human body, as training can cause those to fail.
- Diabetes because with active exercise, blood sugar levels change dramatically.
- The inflammatory process in the body and fever.
- The presence of metallic elements in the body.
- Osteoporosis, because brittle bones may not tolerate vibrations.
- Past stroke or heart attack, heart disease.
- Venous thrombosis.
- Kidney stones or gall bladder.
- The presence of a prosthesis.
- Migraine and menstruation in women.
- Eye diseases.
- Pathology of the skin.
- Malignant tumors.
- Built-in pacemaker.
Even taking into account all the positive aspects, daily exercises using a vibration platform will do more harm than good. Oscillations cause vibrations in the internal organs of a person, therefore, too frequent and prolonged classes can ultimately lead to problems in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, nervous, cardiovascular, circulatory systems, lead to sleep disturbance, metabolism, and deterioration of the spine.
How to achieve maximum results
A person has not yet come up with such a device that would do all the work for him. So with weight loss - "Without labor - do not catch a fish from the pond." To achieve positive dynamics, it is not enough to engage with a vibration platform. An important point in getting rid of excess weight is a proper balanced diet. If a person cannot independently choose a suitable diet, it is recommended to consult a specialist - nutritionist.
Regina, 31 years old Before buying a vibro platform, I read various reviews, both positive and negative. Then I decided - I bought it, and I do not regret it at all. Weight does not go away quickly, about 2 kilograms per month, but I don’t stick to proper nutrition, I don’t attend the gym. One hour of training with the platform every other day is the result.
Margarita, 27 years old I was shocked by the number of negative reviews about the platform, so I want to intercede for it. For the first time I worked out on a simulator in a sanatorium, I was convinced of the positive impact. I did not buy, because a good unit is expensive. I work out in the fitness center 2 times a week, for 1 hour. The body then just burns - the result on the figure, I am satisfied.
Elvira, 24 years old. In a month of training with an instructor with a vibration platform, I lost 3 kilograms of fat, and instead of that I built up muscles, my skin became smooth and toned, and cellulite was gone. I did not sit on diets, I did not limit food. I did not believe this simulator until I tried it personally. Now I regularly visit the gym, I am exclusively engaged in using the vibration platform.
Vitalina, 32 years old. I worked out with a vibro simulator for a month, three times a week, as recommended for 10-15 minutes. Personally, I did not notice any results, there was not even muscle fatigue, I could only relax. There are no miracles, in order to lose weight you need to monitor nutrition and exercise, even with a vibration platform, but in 10 minutes the extra pounds will not go away.Attention! The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.