The sharp rise in price of life, the economic crisis make Russians peer anxiously into the future. Especially painful is the difficult situation that affects unprotected people - women who alone contain minors. Many want to navigate what kind of social assistance to single mothers is laid in 2018, the amount of the subsidies due is increased or decreased. The knowledge of the stipulated welfare payments, their size, will enable Russians to apply for additional payments, providing social security staff with a properly compiled package of documents.
Who is a single mother?
Many Russians who raise their children without the help of their father are offended and perplexed when the services that accrue benefits are denied the status of a single mother and do not assign payments due, arguing that the woman does not belong to this category. Incomplete families have become the norm in the country - about one third of all other family units. Women themselves bring up, dress, train sons and daughters, often not receiving any alimony from biological fathers.
The level of affluence in single-parent families is low, since a woman provides for herself and her baby. If a single mom is unemployed, then often the family cannot provide two meals a day. This situation helps to find additional state support, and many women try to find out what payments are due to single mothers in 2018 ... According to the law, not all Russians receive certificates of single mothers due payments, there are exceptions.
Legislative standards define circumstances that are considered essential for obtaining the right status for single women with a son who lives without the help and participation of a second parent. You can receive payments to single mothers in 2018 under the following circumstances:
- documented disputed paternity and existing court decision in this regard;
- divorce from the father of the offspring lasting more than 300 days;
- the absence of a second parent and confirmation of paternity by the registry office;
- adoption of a baby;
- the absence of judicial decisions on which citizen to consider the father of the baby.
Summing up the above conditions, it can be noted that a single mother will be considered a woman who has given birth to a baby outside the officially registered family marriage, and the baby has documented birth information in the subparagraph designed to indicate dad, there is a dash. These circumstances are the reason for the issuance by employees of civil registration bodies of the authorities, a special certificate confirming the desired situation.
In what cases the status is not put
There are legal standards that state the rule that if a child has a father, then no additional social benefits are allowed for mothers. There are several situations when, in spite of the sole upbringing of a child, a citizen cannot claim the status of a single mother:
- The couple divorced, the father is a malicious payer of alimony, a woman provides children solely on her own.
- Citizens have registered a marriage union, a child born is officially registered with the husband of the lady, even if the latter is not a biological dad.
- Less than 300 days have passed since the official break of marital relations, the death of her husband. The offspring is recorded on the wife of the woman, she can claim alimony or, in the case of the death of the man, to help the widow with the loss of the breadwinner.
- The parents of the baby did not register the marriage bond, but the relationship was established at the birth of the baby, the man does not refuse to recognize the child as his own.
- The man was deprived of his parental rights.
- The fact of paternity was established by the courts at the initiative of the second party.
Persons classified as single mothers have enjoyed privileges since 1926, when this concept was first introduced into legal practice by the Decree of the All-Russian Central Executive Committee of the RSFSR of November 19, 1926, approving the primary model of legislation on family and marriage. This category of citizens received additional benefits and privileges in 1944, when the Decree of the Supreme Council of the Soviet Union of 08.07.1944 came into force. The document introduced the awarding of the title "Mother Heroine" and the Order of Maternal Glory of large single mothers.
Additional explanations were indicated by the Resolution of the USSR Council of Ministers of August 12, 1970. No. 659, which approved the receipt of benefits and benefits for pregnant, lactating, single women with children. At present, the legal provisions have not undergone significant changes: by the Resolution of the Plenum of the Supreme Court of Russia dated January 28, 2014. No. 1, which approves the labor standards for women, family citizens and minors, indicates labor benefits for single citizens raising siblings, but the direct definition of the concept does not change.
Benefits for single mothers in 2018 are regulated by the Federal Law No. 81 dated May 19, 1995 establishing the assignment of benefits to Russians with children. Regional support for this category of people was entrusted to the subjects of the Federation by the Ministry of Social Development of Russia, which issued Decree No. 1012Н on December 23, 2009 on the procedure and conditions for issuing welfare to persons with children.
What determines a single mother’s child allowance
Federal regulatory documents do not provide for the allocation of single women with babies with the appropriate status to the privileged category of people who enjoy increased cash payments. The amount of support allocated for the development and upbringing of children in families in one parent is the same as for families with both parents.
Regional authorities may provide for special payments to single mothers in 2018 if an incomplete family is recognized as poor. The value of all subsidies is set individually and depends on the following facts:
- whether the citizen worked during pregnancy;
- Does he currently have an official job;
- how many children are under guardianship;
- the amount of cash for each household.
What are the benefits for single mothers in 2018?
The list of subsidies for which a familyless woman who is burdened by one or more children can claim is long. These include payments assigned at the federal level:
- Standard or increased welfare paid during pregnancy and childbirth (BiR), the size of which depends on the severity of the birth process.
- A one-time subsidy issued after the birth of the baby.
- A small welfare issued in the early stages of gestation and registration with a medical consultation center.
- Postpartum Benefit.
- Regular payments up to one and a half year old baby, issued monthly.
- Grants issued every month, from one and a half years to three years of age.
- Regional assistance to a poor Russian woman with a offspring up to 16 years old.
- Payments for the second and other children up to the age of three, calculated by the value of the subsistence minimum (PM) for the region.
- Maternity capital issued by federal and regional authorities.
This list of payments depends on the circumstances considered by the social protection authorities individually when assigning benefits - for example, a lady who has an official place of work receives more subsidies than an unemployed woman. For many types of surcharges, the statute of limitations applies - if the citizen did not apply for their receipt within the specified time, then it is likely that money will not be issued for the missed period.
For the first child
Fertility stimulation programs provide for numerous state subsidies to women who decide to acquire offspring, regardless of whether the newborn has a father or not. In the table below you can see the types of subsidy payments and their size, provided that the Russian woman left the official workplace on maternity leave, was a full-time student or served in the army.
Greater than or equal to 34 520.55 (100% of the pregnant woman’s income for the period from 30 weeks of gestation to 70 days after birth)
One-time payment for early arrival and registration at the antenatal clinic
One-time subsidy for a born baby
Regular payment every 30 days per child up to 18 months
Greater than or equal to 3,066 (40% of the average income of the mother who gave birth)
Compensation for the offspring of 18-36 months of age
Subsidy for children up to 16-18 years old
Set by the subjects of the federation
Additional benefits for the first-born, according to the presidential statement of 11.28.2017.
10 000 (depends on the minimum wage in 2018 for the region)
For a second or more children
A single mother who has given birth to more than one baby can apply for the same financial assistance as after the birth of the first offspring. The above subsidies are supplemented by other types of compensation, which can be seen in the following table:
Name of subsidy
For a second infant under 18 months of age
Minimum - 6 137 (40% of the average monthly income of a citizen)
Additional compensation for the third offspring
Set by regions in relation to the minimum wage
Regional Maternity Capital Supplements
Set by the subjects of the federation
You can find out what subsidies are supposed to be paid to single mothers in 2018 in the social protection agencies nearby to the place of residence. Claiming for surcharges, you will have to provide a package of papers confirming the benefits, wait for the application to be considered. Many familyless Russians complain that it takes a lot of time to collect documentation, but the rules according to which finances will be paid are the same for all citizens of the country.
Features of the calculation of payments to non-working single mothers
The practice of labor relations shows that company managers are very reluctant to take pregnant applicants for vacant posts, so a huge number of Russians are not employed during the bearing of a baby. Unemployed ladies are entitled to less subsidies, the amount of welfare is fixed, money is given out through social security agencies, and not when using FSS branches, as is the case with employed Russian women. Familyless women with children in their arms can claim the following benefits:
- one-time subsidy issued after childbirth;
- monthly payments for the baby before he turns 18 months old;
- local subsidy given to poor full or single-parent families for the maintenance of descendants;
- maternity capital, the state certificate for which is granted after reaching 36 months of the second child;
- maternity capital for a third child, established by regional authorities;
- local subsidies for a third offspring up to the age of three.
Despite the large list of possible payments, a single mother can actually claim benefits after the birth of the baby, a monthly subsidy up to 18 months of age and maternity capital for the second baby, provided that there is no permanent place of work. The remaining benefits may not be paid by the subjects of the federation due to the budget deficit for the social sphere or other reasons.
In addition to cash subsidies, a single mother has other privileges defined by law. These include the following types of support for single parent families:
- Social help. It is expressed in the provision of natural goods and expensive services necessary for the full and normal development of the baby, its subsequent socialization.
- Labor benefits. The Labor Code of Russia protects single women with minor or incapacitated dependents from the unpleasant opportunity to lose their jobs on the initiative of the company's directorate. Separately, cases of impossibility of dismissal of single mothers on a common basis are discussed.
- Tax preferences. For each dependent, a family-free woman is provided with a double deduction of 600 rubles from a monthly salary not exceeding a total of 20,000 rubles from the beginning of the year.
- Housing privileges. According to Art. 36 Housing and communal services of Russia, the municipality should be provided with housing by priority for single mothers, if they provided data on the need for better living conditions, belong to low-income single-parent families, and live in difficult conditions.
Any form of support is important to adoptive parents or parents of young offspring. The following types of social assistance provided to single mothers are of great help:
- Compensation for purchases of baby food up to 36 months of a baby’s life.
- Payments that offset the rise in inflation to compensate for the cost of living.
- Targeted financial assistance to the poor single moms - clothes, shoes, sets for newborns, medicines, dairy products.
- Subsidies for payment of utilities.
- Preferential admission to kindergarten, school, college, university students who are brought up by one parent, the payment of scholarships.
- Extraordinary physiotherapy, including massage, in children's hospitals.
- The provision of preferential nutrition in preschool educational institutions (DOE) and schools.
- Priority intake of the baby in the DOW.
- Benefits when paying for the services of kindergartens, music, sports clubs.
- Affordable trips of a child to a sanatorium-resort dispensary, other institutions for restoring health, preventing diseases.
Labor Code standards protect a single mother from illegal actions by company directors. Familyless ladies with kids enjoy the following preferences:
- With the ongoing reduction in the number of workers, a woman raising her children on her own cannot be fired until the youngest of the offspring is 14 years old.
- The argument of the management of the enterprise about the non-conformity of the toiler to the current position, if it applies to single mothers, is recognized illegal. Forcible deprivation of work may occur if there is documentary evidence of regular malicious violation of the enterprise’s work schedule and administrative violations.
- When the organization ceases to exist, management must look for a new job for a woman who is raising a child alone.
- A single mother can take a two-week vacation without providing support at any time of the year.
- Until the youngest son is 5 years old, management is not allowed to force an employee to work overtime.
- When calculating the sick leave issued to an employee for a sick child, bookkeeping makes additional additional charges, depending on the period of employment of the lady. Before the baby is 7 years old, all days are paid according to the sick leave, then 15 days with inpatient, but not outpatient treatment.
How much does a single mother get to support a child in Moscow in 2018
Social subsidies to single mothers, subject to budget deficits, are frozen in many regions. The Moscow government has decided to increase benefits to unprotected categories of Muscovites since 2018, which includes single mothers. They are entitled to the following types of assistance:
- The size of the child allowance for low-income families. It is issued to citizens whose income is less than PM in the capital. For babies up to 36 months in 2018the amount of the subsidy varied between 2,500-5,000 rubles, in 2018 it will increase to 15,000 rubles. For dependents of 3-18 years, the amount of the subsidy in 2018 was 2,400-3,000 rubles, in 2018 - 6,000 rubles.
- Monthly compensation payment in connection with an increase in the cost of living. Fixed subsidy is provided for large families with 3-10 children. In 2018, the allowance was 600-750 rubles, from 2018 it will increase to 1200-1500 rubles.
- Monthly compensation to compensate for the increase in the cost of food. When earning above the PM in Moscow, familyless Russians burdened with descendants are paid 300 rubles, with income not exceeding the PM, 600 rubles.
- The allowance for the care of a disabled child of I or II group up to 18 years. A capable parent caring for a disabled child under 23 years old was due 6,000 rubles in 2018. The increase in 2018 provides for an increase in benefits up to 12,000 rubles. The same amount will be paid for nursing activities for dependents if the mother is an invalid of group I or II.
- The amount of the allowance for the adoption of a child in 2018 was 16,350 rubles (124,930 rubles if a disabled child or several children belonging to each other by relatives were adopted). For 2018, it is planned to increase the welfare to 16,874 rubles (128,928 rubles for the adoption of a disabled child or several brothers or sisters).
Payments to single mothers up to the cost of living
If the family-free women raising descendants have less income per household than the established PM, then the city authorities pay money to single mothers in 2018, the amount of which varies depending on the age of the dependents:
- The subsidy to maintain the standard of living of children 0-18 years old is 750 rubles.
- The allowance for children 0-1.5 years old, 3-18 years old - 2,500 rubles.
- The subsidy for babies 1.5-3 years old is 4,500 rubles.
How to make a manual-
To receive the due cash surcharges, you must act in the following sequence:
- Make a status of a single mother. To do this, correctly fill out the birth certificate of the baby, putting a dash in the paragraph "father", certificate f-25, get the documents.
- Contact a written application for a single mother’s title with a request for additional payments due, attach the necessary documentation package.
- Wait for the deadline of 10 days allotted for consideration of the application.
- Get the required cash.
- After 1-2 years, you will have to update the data to confirm that you are still treated as beneficiaries, the marital status has not changed.
Where to go
Depending on what documents are executed, a visit to such authorities is required:
- REGISTRY OFFICE - for obtaining a certificate of a familyless single mother.
- MFC, branches of social protection departments - when applying for benefits, if a single mother was unemployed. It is required to draw up documentation at the place of registration of the citizen, and not on the actual residence. If it’s not possible to personally travel, then you need to send a package of papers by mail, having specified a notification of receipt and having paid for the registered sending of correspondence.
- To the enterprise, to the accounting department or human resources department, if you have official work.
What documents are needed
To receive the due financial payments, a single mother must collect the necessary package of papers. Among them must be such documents:
- single mother's certificate;
- the passport;
- original or certified copy of the birth certificate of the offspring with a stamp on the citizenship of Russia;
- help f-25;
- information on the number of households living in the same territory with the applicant;
- certificate 2 personal income tax on salary in the presence of employment;
- certificate of Federal Law on the lack of employment.